9 Goals For 2019
This is the year I’m going to change my life, no really. That statement is so cliche it hurts, but I finally feel like, at the age of 31 and a half, I know what I want from life and I understand the areas that need improving. With this in mind I have set myself 9 goals for 2019 which I hope will really improve my mental health and the quality of our lives.
9 Goals For 2019
- This year I really want, no, NEED, to eat healthier. I don’t mean I want to jump on a fad diet, I just need to change up my eating habits. Mainly my nightly addiction to share(Ha!) bag sized packets of crisps and chocolates.
- Declutter,declutter,declutter! One of the main triggers for me feeling stressed is feeling like the house is tip (I have a messed up childhood to thank for that one) I just feel like we have accumulated a lot of stuff and I’m finding it all quite suffocating. I started decluttering last year and it has made such a big difference, hopefully this year we will finally be rid of all the unnecessary crap.
- Buy less, spend more is my new mantra for 2019. Not your average one but let me explain – I waste a lot of money buying useless crap, hence the decuttering. Often this means we don’t have any money left to do the things we enjoy doing like days out and eating at restaurants. This year I want to stop spending money on stuff and spend more on making memories as a family.
- This year I plan to read more, I forgot just how much I LOVE reading, having 3 kids will do that to you. I am already off to a good start with this one as I have managed to read 1 book already and we are only a few days in to the new year. The aim is to keep this up and read at least 20 books in the coming year.
- Readdress the old work/life balance because quite frankly it doesn’t exist currently. I plan to give myself set working hours for blog/YouTube work,and only work within these hours. At the minute I find myself spending me evenings and spare time attempting to work and not really getting much done because my mind is on all the other things I should be doing. Hopefully with set working hours I can free myself up to spend more quality time with family and actually get some work done!
- We have stayed in quite a bit over Christmas, hello winter bugs, and you know what, staying in wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and we got so many odd jobs done that had been put off for ages. I normally hate staying in but it felt so good to tick off some of the to do list and just have a few lazy days. I’m always going to prefer getting out over staying in but perhaps this year I can learn to enjoy the homey days too.
- This time last year I will happily admit I was a bit of a psycho, I turned into a full on shouty mum and generally felt a bit out of control. I feel so much calmer going into 2019 and I really want to continue to work on this and become a more positive person.
- This year we are going to have regular date night, well days, most likely days, but still, I want to be able to leave the little 2 with their grandparents more so as we can spend time as a couple and with my eldest. Starting with a trip to the cinema this weekend, god I don’t even remember the last time I went to the cinema! It’s hard as a parent I think to be selfish but it is sooo important for our mental health and our relationship.
- Go to bed early, she says as she’s sat up past bedtime writing this…This is pretty self explanatory really and I am sure most of us are guilty of staying up late just to cram in some sacred child free time. Our nights have been getting later and Poppy has been sleeping less so we are pretty zombiefied and in desperate need of a few early nights!
I have a million more goals and plans for the upcoming year but these ones are good to start with, too many written down can be overwhelming I think. I would love to hear your goals for 2019, let me know in the comments.