This post was not supposed to be a recipe. It was in fact supposed to be based on a lovely family day out but the snow has put paid to that hasn’t it. Instead we have had a cosy family day indoors watching movies, doing crafts and baking. We have had such a lovely unplanned homey day, after all, it doesn’t matter where you are as long as you are together. Recently Britmums challenged us to take part and support The Great Oreo Cookie Quest, a fun and exciting way to win amazing family prizes. You can take part too by buying special promotional packs. Oreo’s are a tasty occasional treat the whole family can enjoy. Our take on the #oreocookiequest are these hidden Oreo brownies. Adapted from a Mary Berry recipe, they are so easy to make and taste super yummy.
Best Ever Hidden Oreo Brownies
- 275G MARGARINE OR BUTTER (SOFTENED)
- 375G CASTOR SUGAR
- 4 EGGS
- 75G COCOA POWDER
- 100G SELF-RAISING FLOUR
- 100G CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- OREO’S (BROKEN)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/gas 4. Grease and line the bottom of a rectangle baking tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixer or with a hand mixer until combined.
- Put half the mixture into the baking tin, scatter over the broken Oreo’s then cover with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until the top has a nice crust and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil for the last 10 mins if the top starts to burn.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Now sit back and enjoy them with your family