3 European Roadtrips On My Travel Bucketlist
Roadtrips are always something that have appealed to me. I love being in the car. Me and my dad quite often prefer to take the scenic route and we have been known to just drive down a road to see where it takes us. My absolute dream would be to do a roadtrip around America but our budget doesn’t quite allow for that. European roadtrips however are slightly more attainable! There are so many places I would love to travel to in Europe, here are my top 3 European roadtrips.
My #RoadtripsOfEurope bucket list
Iceland was never somewhere I considered going if I’m honest, that was until it became more popular as a tourist destination in recent years. Having seen it featured on many TV programs it is now top of my list of places to visit. Obviously I would love to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights but there is so much more of Iceland that I would like to see. Route 1 circles the entire country starting and finishing at Reykjavik, offering amazing views of Icelands volcanos and glaciers and plenty of places to stop off to see geysers, lagoons and breathtaking waterfalls.
There’s something about Italy that really appeals to me, the culture, the scenery, the sea views oh and the food of course. Road tripping along the Amalfi coast would be amazing, I have heard the views are stunning and the road itself is an exciting albeit hair-raising road to drive along.
I would absolutely love to visit Ireland. It has been on my travel bucket list for years now. Ireland is the perfect place for a road trip with stunning scenery and coastlines, beautiful towns, castles and of course, the pubs (obviously don’t drink and drive, be the passenger like me). The ring of Kerry is one of Ireland’s most popular and scenic road trip routes. It is 120 miles long and offers plenty of stop off points to take in your surroundings.
5 things to check before setting off on a long journey
- Make sure you have planned your routes and know where the petrol stops are along the way.
- Check your tyres. Test your air pressure and make sure you check the tread depth is within the legal limit, your local Kwik Fit can assist with new tyres if needed. Don’t forget to check your spare tyre too.
- Ensure all your lights are working before you leave. Be sure to pack spare bulbs in case one goes when you are on the road.
- Check your oil levels using your dipstick and top up if required.
- By law your screenwash system must work. Make sure it is in working order and topped up with a good anti-freeze screenwash.
I definitely want to travel more once Poppy is a little bit older, how about you? Do European roadtrips appeal to you? I would love to hear your travel plans for this year.
*This is a collaborative post