Spiced Pineapple Pork
This recipe is an old BBC good food one, we have made this numerous times
Recipe serves 4
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 Pork steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 423g can pineapple rings in juice, drained, but juice reserved
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Add oil to a large non-stick pan, then fry for 5 mins on each side until golden and almost cooked through. Mix the sugar,soy,tomato purée and most of the pineapple juice in a bowl.
- Add the pineapple rings to the pan and let them caramelise a little alongside the pork. Add the chilli and five-spice to the pan, then fry for 1 minute until aromatic
- Tip in soy sauce mix and let it bubble around the pork and pineapple for a few minutes until slightly reduced and sticky, sprinkle with coriander and serves.
We usually serve this with basmati rice and some veg. The recipe calls for it to be seasoned however as Ava will be eating it we try to limit the amount of salt added.
Thanks for reading
Love Amy xx