Christmas sensory bin
Day 2 of my countdown to Christmas blogs was supposed to be salt dough hand and foot prints but let’s just say I haven’t quite perfected that yet! Hopefully I’ll have a successful batch made before Christmas!!
I’ve made a Christmas themed sensory bin for Ava to play with tomorrow using some christmassy bits and pieces from home bargains and Wilkos, here’s what I’ve put in:
- The bin itself is a foil throwaway turkey roaster tray from wilkinsons or you could use a plastic tray/tub.
- ‘Snow ‘ is made from a bag of cheap white rice and some white glitter, you could use edible glitter to make it safer for small babies that like to eat everything in sight.
- Fairy lights I’ve had for a while but they are just some cheap ones, think I paid £2.
- The wooden reindeer £1 and wooden polar bear £1.50 were from wilkinsons, they are so cute and can be used as decorations when not being played with.
- I got the red bell baubles from wilkinsons also, they were 75p for three, I’m sure Ava will love hearing the bells ring.
- I picked up the colour changing santa and Rudolph for £1 each, I can wait for Ava to see everything lit up.
- Lastly I added some glittery pipe cleaners in for a bit of texture.
You could add loads of different things in, the bits I bought I choose on the suitability for Ava who is 10 months old, obviously I will be keeping a close eye on her when she’s playing, I don’t fancy trying to untangle her from fairy lights!!
Thanks for reading, I’ve got a mess free sensory bag coming up on tomorrow’s blog.
Love Amy xx